Monday, July 21, 2008

Awful Mommy

Before all of you cover your mouths in horror and say "I can't believe she did that!" I am here to tell you that I have already given myself the "Worst Mommy of the Year Award"

I arrived home from school last Monday night and have basically slept, ate and cuddled with Chloe for a week. My brain is literally fried. I make no sense in conversations and am amazed that I am even able to type anything coherent right now. ( I will e-mail or write you all back soon, I'm playing catch up) I had not ventured out of the house until Friday.

I took Chloe to Target to search for some things for her new big girl room. It was a ridiculously hot day and I was trying to think of air conditioned activities. So we pull into the parking lot and I turn off the engine. I remembered that I need a F'in quarter for the cart ( ridiculous) so I am searching in my purse with no luck. I go to the back seat on the driver's side to look on the floor of the car. Chloe was still in her car seat and saw my keys laying on the seat and said "mommy, keys" so I gave her he keys. Yup...you know what's coming... I close the car door because I couldn't find a quarter and am walking around back to go the other side of the car and it sudden;y dawned on me..."oh s**t, sh has the keys and all the doors are shut"

Click.

She locked herself into the car. So here I am outside of the car, in the 90 degree heat ready to call 911 because I have no other way into the car and thinking she is going to pass out from heat stroke. I know, I know...idiot.

She's staring at me the whole time giggling because she loves playing with the car keys. Her thumb was next to the unlock button.

"Chloe, hit the button by your thumb honey" (does she know what her thumb is??)

Click. Lock button

"No baby, the other button."

Click. Rear window button

"The one by your thumb baby"

Click. Unlock.

"Oh thank god."

I ran around and opened up all the doors (yeah, makes no sense) and hugged her in the parking lot for about 3 minutes all the while she's clapping and saying "mall, mall"

Needless to say, she' not allowed to play with keys anymore and I need to be supervised until this baby pops out and I get my brain back.

No comments: