Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Whining about wine...


Being pregnant means giving up some things that non-pregnant women are able to do...scuba diving, going down water slides (whoops! but Chloe came out ok :) ) etc... For the most part, I really don't miss much except having a drink, namely a glass of wine after work or with dinner. Anyone who has been pregnant post 1985 knows the dangers of drinking alcohol during those long ten months so I stay away and salivate as Matt drinks a beer out on the porch in 85 degree heat while I stare disgustingly at my sweaty glass of bland seltzer. Just when I am feeling ridiculously sorry for myself, Chloe comes running in to show me how to hop like Baby Bop. After her long rendition of hopping accompanied by sound effects, she looks up at me with this amazing grin and I remember why I am giving all of those things up and how these few months are not the time to be vain but to be thankful for a very special gift.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what is it they say? everything in moderation??? lol! so happy to see the new blog ... looking forward to following along with the arrival of the new baby and, of course, checking out all the photos! :)