Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thread Count

When Matt & I first met he was sleeping on a bed which consisted of a paper thin mattress and bed in a bag scratchy sheets. Our first Valentine's together I bought him new sheets.

As usual, he listened very patiently as I went on to give a long explanation of thread count and why, because we spend 1/3 of our time in bed, it was important to sleep on comfortable sheets. I'm sure the whole time he was thinking to himself "when is she going to shut up so we can go have dinner?"

After we were married I was the main purchaser of our bed sheets and always made sure we had comfortable sheets, even, I thought, if I was the only who noticed.

I recently went shopping for my "dorm" sheets for the next two weeks while I'm away at school. When I came home I was unpacking them to be washed.

"Oh, you got your sheets?" Matt asked

"Yeah, I just need to wash them before I leave."

In a very serious quizzical voice he asked "What's the thread count?"

My man!

No comments: