Monday, October 27, 2008

Can You Tell?

Anyone who has been pregnant has had more then a few pregnant moments when you say something utterly ridiculous and think that you are being perfectly logical.

Matt took me out to dinner Saturday night for my birthday. We went to a really nice restaurant; planning to spend a few hours. We're looking over the menu and I can't concentrate on anything except my internal dilema of wether or not I could have a glass of wine.

Me: I think I am going to order a glass of wine

Matt: You should, it's your birthday

Me: Yeah, but I feel guilty

Matt: It's fine, it will take you a while to drink it anyway with food

Me: I'm more concerned about what other people will think seeing me drink it

Matt: (Eye rolls)

Me: (being totally serious) Can you tell that I am pregnant?

Matt: Huh?

Me: Can you tell? Do you think this sweater hides my belly?

Matt: Are you serious?

Me: What??!!

Matt: Er, you're almost 8 months pregnant

Me: Hmph!

I ordered one anyway :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good for you!!! :) it was great seeing you guys the other night. hoping things go smoothly for you from here on out!